If you are attending a performance or event at the Royal Opera House we would like to draw your attention to some changes to our security measures in light of the recent tragic events.
You will notice an increased security presence at the Royal Opera House and we will take time to search all bags on entry. You can help us to make sure that this has as little impact on your visit as possible by doing the following:
• Please plan your journey and arrive as early as possible
• Please avoid bringing any bags with you
• If a bag is absolutely necessary, no bag larger than a small handbag please (we would advise no larger than A3 or a briefcase)
• If you do have large bags we kindly ask you to make alternative arrangements for their storage
• Please be patient with our staff as they check you into the building
Your safety is paramount to us and your understanding greatly appreciated as we go through this difficult time.
Royal Opera House
London WC2E 9DD
Covent Garden tube station on the Piccadilly Line.
Visit the Transport for London website to plan your journey.
1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 26, 68, 76, 87, 91, 168, 171, 176, 188, 501 (southbound only), 505, 521, X68 all go to the Aldwych, which is close to the Theatre.
There is no designated parking at the Royal Opera House for ticket holders. The nearest NCP car parks are five minutes' walk away at Drury Lane and Shelton Street. A limited number of orange badge bays are available in the vicinity, but are not reserved for the use of Royal Opera House patrons.
- The Main Entrance on Bow Street is the entry point for all ticketholders while our Open Up project progresses and is also the location to collect pre-paid tickets for today's performances and tours.
- For ticket sales and ticket collection for future performances, the entrance to our ROH Ticket Sales and Shop is on the corner of Bow Street and Russell Street.
There is lift access to all levels of the main auditorium except the Orchestra Stalls, which is reached by a single flight of stairs.
Disabled parking bays in the vicinity cater for the whole Covent Garden area, not just the Royal Opera House.
The Box Office Pre-Paid collection desk (for collection of tickets on the night/day only) and Information Desk are situated at the entrance level on the corner of Bow Street and Floral Street. The Royal Opera House Shop is situated on the corner of Bow Street and Russell Street – for bookings in advance please go to the Royal Opera House Shop.
You will find detailed information about accessibility on our Access page.