Accessibility links

Basket
Basket
  • Home
  • News

Your Reaction: What did you think of Don Giovanni on BP Big Screens and on YouTube?

Audiences watching live on BP Big Screens across the UK and internationally on YouTube respond to Mozart's tragicomic opera.

By Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media))

12 July 2018 at 10.23pm | 6 Comments

What did you think of Don Giovanni live on BP Big Screens, on YouTube and on Opera Vision?
Add your thoughts in the comments below.

Don Giovanni runs until 17 July 2018. Tickets are still available.

By Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media))

12 July 2018 at 10.23pm

This article has been categorised Opera and tagged by Kasper Holten, don giovanni, livestream, mozart, opera, Production

This article has 6 comments

1. Macarena Ormeño responded on 12 July 2018 at 10:39pm Reply

it was amazing,I had never seen an opera and it was marvelous, really beautiful voices and great actors,super amazing artists. And the end was so dramatic, I love it<3
    PD: I love your ballets so much too <3

2. Fantastic performance . Thank you!

3. Janette Miller responded on 12 July 2018 at 11:27pm Reply

Loved it! I watched it on YouTube in Auckland New Zealand. It was a splendid production. I enjoyed the live chat too. It would be good for opera and ballet if the ROH did more free screening. The Russians do. They are not mean and share their productions so now, as I am so far away and can never visit the ROH like I could when I was young and lived there at 2/6 standing at either back of gallery or stalls, I know more now about Russian Ballet and its stars than my beloved ROH and this is a pity. I know more about the Met too. I saw Turandot but would have loved to have seen the Lohengrin and the new Swan Lake. It wold not stop me seeing it live at the ROH but I never can and cannot afford a DVD these days. So more please. This is the only way Opera & Ballet will grow and keep their audiences.The little snippets are OK but not like a complete performance.

4. JJ Butcher responded on 13 July 2018 at 3:29pm Reply

Fantastic but please ditch the dumbed down naff presenters

5. Out-standing choreography and performance from the psychological point of view. For ex., I found it brilliant to make appear he hollow and vain Don Giovanni behind the loving and faithfull Don Ottavio singing: 'dalla sua pace...'

6. Ashley Armstrong responded on 16 July 2018 at 6:30pm Reply

The presenters were utterly naff! Sadly I was actually at ROH seeing live there, and there was an audible groan when Gok Wan came through the curtains at the beginning. Tacky, pointless, irritating stunt. It was embarrassing.

Comment on this article

Your email will not be published

Website URL is optional