Are you considering a career in marketing, events or arts education? Are you passionate about the arts and looking for a new challenge? Start your career having played a role in one of the biggest arts organizations in the country by joining the ROH Student Ambassador Scheme.
Young ROH is our programme dedicated to young people between the ages of 16 and 25. We hold one whole-house performance for young people every Season, with ticket prices ranging from £1 to £25. As well as this we hold four to five amphitheatre performances for young people, have a two-for-£10 offer for our cinema broadcasts, a Young ROH standby scheme and a range of talks, participatory events and further discounts. This scheme is also open to all full-time students.
Student Ambassador Scheme
Every year we invite students from across the UK to apply to become student ambassadors for the ROH. This group become representatives for the ROH at their universities, helping to spread the word about opportunities for students and young people at the Royal Opera House. You don’t need to know anything about opera or ballet when applying, but if you have creative ideas, are enthusiastic, self-motivated and enjoy working independently then we would love to hear from you.
As a student ambassador, we will give you:
- Free tickets to all Amphitheatre / whole-house Young ROH performances
- One free ticket to a Young ROH Insight during the year
- Expenses to all trainings, volunteering opportunities and performances
- A budget towards marketing materials and your termly events
- Access to training from arts professionals at the top of their field
- Experience of working as part of a high quality arts venue
- The opportunity to learn about opera and ballet from the inside out
- One student will receive two weeks of work experience at the end of the year, based on their success as an ambassador
- Update your social media channels with ROH content at least once a week
- Check the stock of ROH print available on campus
- Write an arts review / piece for your student newspaper or blog
- Run a live event on your campus; this could be a screening or any other creative idea that you have
- Create original audio or video content about Young ROH to share with other students
- Attend events at the ROH; opera, ballet or Insights (or a mix of all three)
- Volunteer at events at the ROH (for instance at Student Performances and First Encounter Performances)
Encourage your friends and fellow students to register for Young ROH and to try an art form that they might not have experienced.
To apply please send your CV, a paragraph on why you think you would be a great Student Ambassador and the dates of your university freshers’ week to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 7 August 2018 and you will hear back from us by Monday 20 August 2018. If you are successful in our shortlisting process we will invite you to a recruitment day on Saturday 1 September 2018. In advance of this date, we will ask you to complete a short task which you should use as an opportunity to show us your creativity and sense of fun!
ROH Students is generously supported by the Bunting Family and Sir Simon Robey.